Thursday, July 28, 2011

week 5 - I don't like studio portraits...

... but I like little babies and Cowgirls.



My sister visited us for a couple of days and I took some pictures of my little nephew and his Dad. I wish I had a real studio, at the moment I have to use blankets and white paperboard...sigh...no money to buy all the stuff I need...damn it, Photography is a expensive hobby.
I'd love to buy the 70-200 4L lense, but have you seen the price? I also really wanna buy Photoshop, right now I'm working with Picasa and Gimp. It's alright to do the basic stuff like cropping, brightening the pictures up, but Photoshop has more options in terms of retouching, color adjustments, sharpening and softening selected parts of the picture and so on. Well, I'm just gonna keep putting money aside.

Well, so the conditions in my self made studio were pretty bad(bad light, not enough space and not enough white blankets ;) ), I tried my best and here are the results. What I don't like is the perspective. Janto looks a little unproportional because I used a focal lenght of 18mm because I didn't have enough space... good to know for next time.

Oh, and I know, my editing in the next three pictures is terrible. I told you: I really need Photoshop :D




And Janto makes really funny faces.






I also took a picture of a friend of mine. I really like it, I just love her blue eyes, the cowboy hat.

2 comments:

  1. Also ich find die Bilder einfach Hammer! Hast du ein Foto von deinem "Studio"?

    Das einzige was ich zu meckern wüsste, ist, dass Janto auf manchen Bildern irgendwie einen Blaustich hat oder bild ich mir das ein? *augenreib*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors in the last one. The hair and hatband, and the eyes and shirt. And as always with your portraits, great framing.

    ReplyDelete