Sunday, August 14, 2011

week 7 - friendship: a horse and a girl




Sometimes I think I should stop photographing. I'm trying really hard and it seems like it's not enough. Sometimes I feel really stupid, because I don't recognize some mistakes I made until I see the pics on my laptop. Naturally I don't make the same mistake again, instead I do something else that messed up the pic.

Like this time. First the light was really hard, because it was about 5.30 in the afternoon and of course the sun was still way to high in the sky. Well, but the girl didn't wanna wait so I had to make the best of this situation.
When I'm photographing people I don't like sunny days, because it makes high contrasts and ugly shadows. But when I'm photographing pets I want the sun to be behind me so the fur gets this shine...also so I can use a shorter shutter speed for action shots.
Alright, dogs and horses don't seem to care if they look into the sun, but obviously people do. Their eyes get smaller and smaller and guess what: It'll look terrible on the picture.
So I didn't know where to place horse and rider so that there weren't any shadows on them and without the girl having to look in the sun. I totally messed it up.

The light is horrible (on most of the pics), the action shots are not sharp but blurry and out of focus, the photos are just snap shots. Of course nice snap shots, I would love to have them in a frame in my room, jut because they show my horse and me. But everybody can take snapshots, I want my pictures to be good photographs, I want them to be some kind of ART.

I know I'm an perfectionist, sorry about that.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7
/
8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

3 comments:

  1. Also ich find die Bilder richtig klasse, vor allem das zweite und das dritte.
    Und das letzte find ich auch sehr schön!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich finde, obwohl ich nicht gerade der Pferdeliebhaber bin, besonders das oberste Bild sehr gut gelunen. Ich weiß nicht, meiner Meinunge nach hat es etwas mystisches ansich, dadurch, dass man nur die Konturen des Pferdes und des Reiters sieht. Auch der Hintergrund sagt sehr viel aus. Du verführst den Betrachter mit diesem Foto in einer andere Welt. Außerdem gefallen mir die Fotos 11-17 sehr gut. Sie zeigen die Eleganz und Anmutigkeit des Pferdes und das Bündis, dass die Reiterin mit dem Pferd verbindet.Auf den Bildern sind sie eins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Toll, wie das Fell schimmert! (Ich habe nicht genug Erfahrung um zu wissen, ob das schwierig hinzubekommen ist)
    2. Ich mag die Collage, besonders das Bild links unten.
    3. Don't be too hard on yourself! ;)

    ReplyDelete